Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pinterest Projects

Pinterest is the most wonderful sort of website but it also causes the most trouble.  It's a brain sucking website that you just can't fathom.  I love it but I also need to learn to pace myself, so many glorious projects waiting to happen but they will pile up very fast.  This working mom can't keep up but I keep on pinning.....darn it!  I had a pretty low key weekend so I planned out a few projects to get knocked out.

Ella's birthday was coming up and I knew I wanted to make a darling little cake stand.  So off to Wal-Mart I went to pick up some burner covers.  I bought them for $3.47 and luckily they were white so it worked.  I had a wooden curtain rod left over from my last curtain re-do project so I had my hubby cut me 2 six inch rods.  I busted out the handy dandy gorilla glue and started layering.  These glass vases were sitting out for another project and made the perfect weight to keep it all in place while the glue dried.  Taa Daa!!





Next on my list was an adorable little holder of junk for the bathroom.  I made a trip to Home Depot for some of these circle thingies that I've learned are called couplings but anyway, picked up 3 of them for a few dollars.  I had the board already in my wood pile and the jars from another failed project.  I spray painted the board and after it dried, attached the couplings.  These things were trouble, I had to drill the hole bigger for the screw to fit through but a little elbow grease and my drill were no match.  I forgot to take pictures of the progress but here's the completed project.



And finally, a fun project for the kid's playroom.  I had previously done a window valance shaped like a giant crayon so this project was a perfect fit.  I bought some crayons and a blank canvas and went to town gluing it all on the board.  The original project showed it being set out in the sun and after an epic fail, they had to bust out the hair dryer to get the job done.  Well, I don't need no stinkin' hair dryer, I got 108 degree temps with it being 112 heat index....booyah!  After four hours, it was looking pretty good but the sun moved to the front so I had to move the picture to the back fence to get the rest of the job done.  Another 2 hours and it was a masterpiece!




I'm so excited to finally get these few projects marked D-O-N-E and start working on some other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment